Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

On the road

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don’t much care where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"--so long as I get SOMEWHERE," Alice added as an explanation."
---
We continue on road to dismantling the Master Plan's division of California's three segments of higher ed without any plan at all. The Master Plan came about precisely because there was no specified division of labor among the three. Now maybe the Plan was wrong. Maybe it was right then but wrong now. But there has been no process established for looking at the issue. 

The LA Times today reports on various community colleges planning to offer four-year degrees because they want to. http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-cypress-mortician-20141221-story.html As a result, it's Alice in Wonderland meets Mr. Toad:

No comments: